Terms & Conditions
Eco Wardrobe is part of Prom Ally CIC, being the online platform where you can hire affordable prom, bridesmaid, cocktail, formal and wedding dresses for your special event: www.ecowardrobe.co.uk (“our website”).
Prom Ally CIC (“Prom Ally”) is a Community Interest Company, limited by Guarantee, registered at Companies House under Company Number 12552268 and whose registered address is Prom Ally CIC, 23 Madoc Street, Llandudno, Conwy, LL30 2TL.
All profits from Eco Wardrobe are used by Prom Ally to provide young people who are struggling financially with a dress to go to their school prom. The young people who benefit from Prom Ally are all referred to us from social services, school welfare departments, charities and food banks.
This document (‘our terms’ or ‘these terms’), together with the Confirmation of Order you will receive after you place your order, forms our entire agreement with you. If you are unsure of any part of these Terms, please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification.
Please ensure that you read our terms carefully before submitting an order with us. These terms tell you who we are as a company, how we will provide items to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
- At Prom Ally we host our very own ‘Eco Wardrobe’ where we provide a range of affordable, unique dresses for individuals to hire,
- All of the money we make from our ‘Eco Wardrobe’ goes back into Prom Ally which supplies young individuals who are struggling financially to be able to attend their school prom. To ensure that we are able to help those in need, we have adopted a referral service from social services, school welfare departments, other charities and food banks.
- Additionally, our Eco Wardrobe encourages individuals to adopt an environmentally friendly approach to fashion, as opposed to the huge fast fashion industry, which is one of the biggest polluters in our environment.
- Due to our sustainable approach we usually only have one of each unique dress so be mindful to use the filter button to find your size.
- Our items may vary slightly from their picture. For example, we are unable to guarantee an accurate display of colours. This is especially the case as shades of colour may differ when viewed on different electronic devices that you may use.
Acceptance of the contract
- Once you have chosen your perfect dress, you can check its availability and select the date of your event. We advise that your order the dress at least a week before your event, to ensure that it arrives on time.
- You will be prompted to select the dates that you would like to rent the dress. The hire period for each dress is 2 weeks from the date of your event.
- Once your order has been successfully placed, our acceptance of your order will take place once we send you an acceptance email. It is at this point that a contract between yourself and us will be formed.
- An order number will be assigned to you when your order has been accepted. It will be useful to keep a note of your order number as it will help us should you need to contact us about your order.
- If we cannot accept your order for whatever reason, we will inform you of this as soon as possible and will not charge you for the item. This could be because the item in question is out of stock; unexpected limits on resources which could not be foreseen; because of an identified error in price or description of item; or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline that you have specified.
Delivery of items
- The costs of delivery for your item(s) are displayed on our website and will be additional to the cost of the product. Shipping costs may differ depending on your destination and the weight of items ordered. However, we will show you a breakdown of the shipping costs prior to you placing your order with us. If your order contains multiple items for delivery at the same time, we will only charge you once for the shipping.
- We use Royal Mail delivery service.
- Once we have accepted your order, we will then provide you with a delivery date/time. Please be mindful that this time may vary based upon product availability, your delivery address, when the order was placed and our resources.
- If the delivery date/time is delayed due to circumstances outside of our control, we will not be responsible. However, we will ensure to contact you promptly to let you know and will take appropriate steps to minimise the effect of the delay.
- Once your item has been shipped, we will send you an email to let you know.
- If there is a risk of a substantial delay of your order, you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any item you have paid for but not received.
- If after a failed delivery to you, you do not re-arrange delivery or collect your item(s) from a delivery depot we will contact you for further instructions and may charge you for storage costs and any further delivery costs. If, despite our reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may terminate the contract.
- Please ensure that someone available to receive your parcel as a signature will be required in order to give you your dress.
Hire period and late fees
- The hire period commences when you receive your item(s) and shall continue until you return the item(s) via recorded Royal Mail Post in the pre-paid package provided. The duration of the hire period for each dress is 2 weeks from the date of your event. We aim to ensure that your dress is with you 2/3 days prior to your event. It is important you order your item at least 3 full working days before your event to ensure it arrives on time.
- If you would like to order your dress earlier to try it on and keep it for longer than 2 weeks, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “EXTENDED DRESS HIRE REQUEST”.
Late fees are charged as follows:
- You will be charged £5 per day up to an additional 7 days after the end of your rental period, or when the item is returned to us within this period (whichever is the sooner).
- After 7 days you will be charged 100% of the recommended retail price of the item (as stated on product page).
- You agree that we may deduct these charges via the payment method you used when placing your order.
- All rented items will remain at all times the absolute property of Prom Ally.
- It is important that our clothing is returned to us in good condition to:
- Ensure that other individuals can continue to rent and enjoy them;
- To continue funding Prom Ally to ensure those individuals who are at a financial disadvantage do not miss out on key events in their life; and
- To allow us to stick to our environmental promise by keeping clothing out of landfill.
We therefore ask that you take care and look after your items whilst you have them.
- Please be responsible with the item(s) that you have and ensure they are not damaged or stained whilst in your possession. We ask items are returned to us in the same ‘nearly new’ state it was sent to you. Thank you!
- If you do not return the rented item(s) 7 days after the end of the rental period, we will assume that each item you have is not going to be returned. You will therefore be charged 100% of the recommended retail value of each item.
We understand and appreciate that accidents happen and we will seek to repair minor damage ourselves at no cost to you. Please however, email us if the item you have rented has been damaged or stained in any way.
If for any reason the item(s) is lost or damaged beyond repair during the rental period:
- As a renter of our item(s) you acknowledge that you hold responsibility over the item(s) throughout the 2-week rental period (or longer if requested) and are therefore liable for any damage or loss that occurs during the rental period.
- If your item(s) are damaged or misplaced, you will be liable for the replacement. When signing for your item(s) on delivery, you agree to take full responsibility of them.
- In assessing the replaceable value, Prom Ally will consider: the demand for the dress; our ability to purchase a replacement; the condition of the dress and the rental fee that you have already paid.
- We accept there may be small marks on retuned items. We use high quality dry cleaners who clean all dresses. However, if an item is returned in a damaged and/or dirty condition beyond normal wear and tear (as determined by us), we reserve the right to seek reimbursement of the costs of repair of the item(s). If items are ruined beyond repair, you will be charged the full cost of replacing each item, being the recommended retail value of the item as indicated on our website and (if you wish) you will be sent the damaged dress to keep once the replacement costs have been paid.
You agree you will not:
- Alter or add to the item in any way;
- Clean or attempt to clean the item in any way.
If you do, we reserve the right to charge you repair costs or the full cost of replacing the dress as above.
Damage upon delivery:
- We encourage you to examine and try on the item(s) immediately upon its delivery to you. If you notice any damage, the item does not fit or is not in accordance with the description supplied on our website, please inform us without delay by sending us an email with a photograph of the damaged item attached.
- If the item is damaged upon delivery, we will review your email and photograph and on our discretion, will refund you accordingly.
Please be mindful that:
- The images on our website are of the actual item fitted to a model or mannequin. The item may not fit you in the same way.
- The images you see on your screen may differ in terms of colour and definition due to the electronic devise you use. We cannot guarantee that the colours you see will match the actual item.
- The sizing we show on our website reflects the sizing we have been given by the manufacturer of the item but we do provide approximate measurements of bust, waist and length in inches.
- You must follow all and any instructions we provide with the item both for its use and packing.
- You will use the item in a proper manner and be careful with it whilst in your possession.
- You will be covered for all repairable damage if you have taken out insurance on your item.
- Repairable damage includes zip breaks, ripped seams and removeable stains.
- However, damages which will likely lead to the dress requiring replacement will not be covered by insurance and you will be liable to pay the costs for replacement of the dress, being the recommended retail value of the item as indicated on the website.
Cancellation by you:
- If you cancel your order within 6 hours of placing it, you will be eligible to receive a full refund unless it has already been dispatched.
- If you cancel your order up to 7 days in advance of your chosen delivery date, you will be entitled to receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order with less than 7 days’ notice you will still be required to pay the rental fee.
- All cancellations have to be in writing to email@example.com
Cancellation by us:
- It is possible that your order may have to be cancelled by us before it is dispatched. This may occur when: the item(s) ordered has not been returned or has been returned damaged by a previous customer; or if for any reason you have given us cause to be concerned about your suitability to receive future rentals (e.g. previous late returns, or return of damaged items).
- For any questions or faulty products or general complaints, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org We strive to ensure all our customers are happy and will assist you in any way we can.
- If you are pleased with the service you have received from us, we would be extremely grateful to hear your comments and would like to share your feedback with our other customer feedback on a confidential basis on our website.
- You may return a rented item and receive a “100% off” voucher code (minus delivery costs) for any reason, such as the dress does not fit or it is unsuitable, as long as this is within 48 hours of you receiving the item and the item is returned in its original state with the Prom Ally ‘security ribbon’ still attached.
- If the item is not returned within the 48-hour period, Prom Ally reserves the right to charge the full rental fee and reject any claim for a voucher refund.
- If the Prom Ally ‘security ribbon’ is not intact on the item or the item is not in its original condition (e.g. has marks of being worn) we will assume that the item has been worn and reserve the right to reject a voucher refund.
- Once you have tried on the dress and have kept it for a period exceeding the 48 hours, you are not eligible for a voucher refund.
Price and payment
- The price of the rental will be the price shown on the order page when the order is placed via our website.
- It is possible that some of the items we rent may be incorrectly priced. However, we check our prices before accepting your order. If the item’s price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will contact you for your instructions before we accept your order.
- You will be required to pay for the item(s) at the point of ‘checkout’ via our website.
- By agreeing your order, you accept these terms and specifically permit Prom Ally to charge to your credit card (via Stripe payment or otherwise) all applicable costs and fees, delivery charges and any other charges that may incur in connection with your use of our website and item hire as described in these terms including late return fees, repair costs or the full cost of replacing the dress as set out above.
- If Prom Ally does not receive payment from your credit card provider or if your credit card expires or is rejected, your order may be cancelled, and you will be contacted by Prom Ally as soon as possible.
Once you are ready to place your order with us, you are required to enter your Credit or Debit Card details (via Stripe). By using Stripe as a payment method, you agree and authorise Stripe to store your card details in case further charges are incurred such as late return fees, repair costs or the full cost of replacing the dress as set out above.
Your personal information
Prom Ally manage and own the design, layout and product picture displayed on the website and these cannot be copied, sold, distributed, or downloaded or used in any way without our prior permission.
Prom Ally reserves the right to use any images that either you send directly to us or tag us in on Social Media on our own website and/or Social Media platform(s) for marketing purposes. Please email email@example.com if you do not consent to this.
Other important terms:
We reserve the right to transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation.
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of any breach of these terms, this does not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps or action against you at a later date.
These terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you agree that any legal proceedings in respect of these terms will be heard in the Courts of England and Wales.